Saturday, October 9, 2010

Spray Painting

Spray painting can be an easy way to give new life to an item but if you don't show patience you might not get a polished, professional result.

First you want to be sure to wash down your item. I used a bleach all purpose cleaner and was sure to wipe around all the edges and curves on my picture frame.

Let it dry completely. Place your item on a clean surface in a well ventilated area, preferably outside.

When applying the spray paint hold the can 12-18 inches away from your item. Spray in long even strokes. Start your spray off of to the side of your item, move over it and continue the spray until you move off the other side. Avoid leaving your spray in one spot because it will cause pooling.

Let your item sit 3-4 hours and then apply another coat. This will help prevent chipping.
In the end I think you will be pleased with your creation!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out very nice, I like how you photographed it. I've painted frames before but also I have some that are so old and shabby, I left them like that.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.