Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Creation Station

I absolutely love the place where I create! This is where I sit and come up with all the lovely ideas I can. This is part of a building I call "The Scrap Shack". It's a work shed that has been transformed into a place for crafty goodness! My hubby basically used it for a storage shed for a year and just when he actually started using it for home improvement projects, I asked him if he would help me transform it into my "Scrap Shack".

He really does love me because not only did he say yes, he painted it, carpeted it, tiled the entry floor and work bench, and built all of my cabinets, and hung anything I asked him to hang!! You are only seeing one angle because since starting this blog I have accumulated more and more "things" and it's not as tidy as I'd like it to be. But, you should know it has another work space across from it. Crafty Cat has a permanent seat at the table and many of my other friends come and enjoy scrapbooking in the other seat!

There's a small seating area behind my chair you see here. You can see part of the "living room" as I like to call it to the right of the picture. My friend Francie actually put 2 of those great chairs on her curb-- so I snatched them up! I did absolutely NOTHING to them! They were perfect! I know you're drooling over the ribbon holder! I did the same for several months when I saw Crafty Cat's! Several months later, her sweet daddy made me one and she put the finishing touches of Mod Podged details on it! Crafty Cat is working on a future blog about it- it's really special! It's one gift I'll never forget!

I have used my Mother In-Law's antique Singer Sewing machine as a buffett. I have all of the comforts of home except for a bathroom and air conditioning or heating! So, in the summer we use lots of fans and in the winter we use heaters! But, honestly I don't mind!

We've had some wonderful Scrap Shack parties here. We've enjoyed many laughs, heart to hearts, tears of joy, delicious food and our share of cocktails. It's the memories I've made with some very close and trustworthy friends that makes this place so special to me.  Where do you create your magic? I'd love to see a picture of your work space. Post a picture right here on this blog post!

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

8 comments:

  1. I have been working on my crafting area for now on to three years. Well, really, five. I retired 5 years ago, but our home burned 3 years ago, so I'll say 3 years. It's taken that long to get settled in our new home, and with all the usual chores of running a home,a yard and garden, a few animals, then my aging mother, and 2 grandchildren to care for on occasion, I may get back to it soon.I do love going through my stuff, even if I never get it organized.All of my pretty collectables bring me such peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I should follow up at some point and share my "Scrap Suite". Lots of fun at the shack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should Crafty Cat- it's a special place as well because your mom and dad helped to create it with love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swan- I totally understand! I NEVER get organized- I just move stuff from one location to another- then THINK it's organized- until I add one thing then it's a mess again! We will do an organizing blog at some point--- first I have to organize my stuff before a professional organizer tells me it's a mess!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband def adores you to do all that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scrap shack!!!! Really need a night in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It should also be noted that the scrap shack is a girls place only. It would double nicely for a poker room but that is not going to happen any time soon. So I guess for the time being its online poker for the husband!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh my work space is not worth photographing right now, but yours looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.