Saturday, November 20, 2010

Operation Rehab

I acquired this little dusty jewelry box at the Salvation Army thrift store. It’s solidly constructed, pretty and I paid $1.99. I saw its potential and gingerly cleaned all the little nooks and crannies with a Q-tip. I thought it would be a wonderful trinket holder if I could pretty it up. It has a couple nicks in it from wear but I think they add character!


I found a cute piece of 12x12 paper , measured twice and cut once. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge on the box, gingerly rub your paper into place. Make sure you work out all the little bubbles that may be under the paper. Then apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over the paper. Once that's complete, your project may still be a little sticky. Remedy that by spraying it with a couple coats of a clear acrylic sealer.  Once that dries glitter it up add some ribbons and the end result is the cutest little custom designed box you’ll ever see!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.