Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Organize It: Taxes

I must confess-- I have been procrastinating about EVERYTHING lately. I am so over winter. It is dragging on far to long for my neck of the woods. Despite my attempts to get in the gym and get my endorphins flowing- I am beginning to hibernate. I know- spring is not too far away, but I'm doing it anyway. As a result- my weekly menus haven't been planned for a few weeks now. The mail is piling up. Crafting creativity is hard to come by and I'm just wanting to eat!  Yesterday I went to the store and did two weeks of grocery shopping, cleaned the fridge and planned 2 weeks worth of menus. Honestly- I was on a high!

But taxes are that black cloud that sit over my head every year- until the very last minute. Last year I filed an extension and didn't do them till OCTOBER! And YES- I was actually getting a REFUND!! I know- crazy. So this year I am determined to make a change. I grabbed my tax organizer from my accountant- yep he makes it as easy as possible for me. I sat down with all my collected papers and I began plugging in numbers.

That was easy enough- but now I have a to-do list worth of documents and information to find to complete them. Today I celebrate the little victory of organizing what documents I do have. Tomorrow I will begin my mission of completing the to-do list so I can complete my taxes on time! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! We are going through the same thing over here, and it's no fun! We'll get through this!

    xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria! I appreciate the love- right now I'm so needing the sun and warmth and I think motivation will then come back

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.