Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Cracker Sandwich Cookies

My mother is always getting new recipes from the ladies at the office.  I'm afraid I don't know who came up with this cracker cookie idea, but I can vouch for it.  I was lucky enough to be one of the taste-testers.  It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

I rarely make desserts, but I love this recipe because even I could make it.  This isn't too hard for anyone.  This does not involve any baking.  This is fairly inexpensive.  The results are fantastic.

They taste similar to the Tagalong cookies that you'd buy from Girl Scouts, which I still recommend you do for the kiddos.  But, when you run out, these are a great alternative and they don't cost nearly as much.

Beware:  You can't eat just one.

If you are interested in testing out the sweet little cracker sandwich cookies, you only need a few materials and a few simple ingredients:

Ingredients:
Peanut Butter
Chocolate Brick (to melt)
Crackers (I use Ritz)

Materials:
Bowl
Spoon
Tin Foil

Assembly:
Spread your peanut butter onto a cracker.  Top it off with another cracker to form your sandwich.  Make several in advance.


Melt a large chunk of chocolate in a small bowl.  Dip your entire cracker sandwich into the melted chocolate, until it is completely covered.  Place your covered cookies onto a sheet of tin foil.  Fill the foil and then place it in your refrigerator to harden.


Serve and enjoy the compliments.  It seems crazy that such a simple treat could be so tasty.  My mother made a batch last time I was home.  She sent four cookies back home with me and they were gone in one day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my lanta that looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look sooo delicious! And simple. Thanks for sharing.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.. they look yummy. I just want to taste it immediately. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.