Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bookmark D.I.Y.

 I love to curl up with a good book. In fact, I think that's just about all I've been doing lately because the weather here in upstate New York is miserable. It's cold, snowy and downright nasty. What better way to cope than to warm up with some blankets and dig into an adventure? I love real books. I'm not sure how I would do with an E-reader. I kind of like turning the pages and smelling the books. It's an experience. Another way to show my books some love is to make a bookmark to go with it. This is so easy- really, I'm not sure if you'll think I'm corny for actually spelling out the directions- but here it goes!

Go to your ribbon stash and find a pretty ribbon. You can cut it at about 12 inches. Then raid your jewelry stash. I found a cute little heart charm and a wonderful little funky bead. You thread an embellishment on each end of your ribbon and tie it off. I tied the bead in on both ends- but left my little heart with one end open. It's not moving. Then you put it in your book and away you go. There are also little clasps that you can put at the end of a ribbon that allows you to dangle a charm from- but in this case- I wanted to make a quickie one. I hope you like it! Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. A fun way to use up lots of Bits and Pieces in your craft department.(Sorry Dianna,I just had to say that.)That's her Blog title.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.