Friday, November 12, 2010

Matching Marble


When you look for a fabulous new countertop...get some extra material to make matching shelves.  When I saw my relative's decorative marble shelves in her kitchen...I immediately fell in love with the look.  She made a three-tiered unit to add to the end of her counter...which brings the design up onto the walls.  She also made two more single shelves to put on the opposite wall, tying the room together.  If you can't make them on your own, it may cost you a bit to have someone make custom shelves for you...but they are so much more fun than traditional wood or metal racks...and they look gorgeous!!  It may be worth the investment to add that extra punch to your place.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really clever idea and I think I may steal it if we build our house.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.