Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Scrapbooking Invitations


You can make someone's birthday truly special by making their invitations. For this one I thought it would be fun to find a baby picture and make it the focal point of my creation. I suggest making one sample. You can play with colors and the location of your picture and text. Once you've decided the best placement then you can start mass production.

For this creation I thought a bold black, white and grey combination with a surprise of blue would be a fun way to play up a milestone birthday. I actually used a paper packet and vowed to not go out and buy any supplies! So, I had to work within my stash.


Believe me, I wasn't hurting, but I will say I had a few moments of wanting all the invitations to look exactly alike.

Mass production of individual elements makes you move faster. So, cut all your large cards, small border cards and photos and printed text all at one time. Then go on to inking the edges.

I used a stamp glue and loose glitter for my "It's a party" element. It was the first time I used it. I thought it was a tad messy- but I'm not one to be "perfect" in any of my crafting and I thought it said "Handmade" and I liked it. Adhere all the photos to the borders and then to the cards. The final element was the little gemstone.

I loved how it came out! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. A one of a kind invitation to make my 40th birthday special. I stll carry one of these invitation in my bag I take to work everyday. Thanks so much for the work that went into them

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.