Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mmmm This Was So Delicious!

I just made the most delicious homemade cream of broccoli soup and I had to tell you about it!! If you'd like to see the official recipe click here. I'll be honest I tried to stick to the recipe, but at some point started to wing it a little bit and I think it came out awesome! I put in almost an extra table spoon of flour to make it a little thicker. I definitely used more broccoli than it called for. I had mozzarella cheese instead of sharp cheddar, but what I think really made it spectacular was I used turkey broth that Chef Donavan made from our Thanksgiving Meal instead of the bullion cubes and water the recipe called for.

All you have to do to make your own broth is boil the bones from your next whole chicken or turkey.If you like, and it's not required, add your favorite spices. You can freeze the broth and use it the next time you want to make homemade soup!!

Wanna know the best part of this recipe? It cost me less than $10 to feed my family of 5! Mmmm, mmm delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I have to tell you that Broccoli and Cheese soup is my very favorite soup. I ate it for years and then one day I suddenly became allergic to broccoli! I was so sad and mad at the same time. I look at your picture and my mouth salivates. I can tell that bowl of soup is a winner. Oh so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup looks delis....I bet it was...I wish I had a bowl right now.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.